Sunday, December 31, 2023

Thanksgiving Dinner

In the 70's I was working as a truck driver making weekly trips from Iowa to the San Francisco bay area. Almost every trip while going through Nevada I would stop at a diner in the small town of Carlin to have coffee and a sandwich.

One time I was going through Nevada on Thanksgiving day when I stopped in at the diner. I wasn't really hungry, so I just ordered coffee. The young guy who owned it urged me to have a turkey sandwich. He was really persistent so I finally relented and ordered a turkey sandwich.

After about 20 minutes he came out with my "turkey sandwich". It was a complete Thanksgiving dinner with roasted turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and pumpkin pie. It was really delicious!

When I went to pay, he wouldn't take my money. He said, "Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for being our customer."

No comments:

Post a Comment