Monday, August 21, 2017

Cake Defrosting

When I was young, my mother did a fair amount of baking. One day she baked an angel food cake and covered it with a nice thick butter cream frosting. After frosting it, she put it on top of the refrigerator to cool.

While the frosted cake was cooling, she made a big mistake and went next door to the neighbors.

My younger brother, sisters, and I kept checking out the cake on top of the refrigerator. The frosting was so thick that we thought we could scrape a little off and our mother would never notice.

We pulled up a chair and took turns scraping off some frosting with a table knife. We were careful to keep turning the cake and smoothing the frosting so it would look even and unmolested.

There was only one problem with this plan - we didn't know when to stop. When my mother came home, the frosting on the cake was so thin it was almost transparent.

She was NOT amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment